EU4Journalists.eu is currently not updated. We hope to be back soon.
back to top
- Commission proposes to open negotiations for an investment agreement with China European Press release Brussels, 23 May 2013 Commission The European Commission decided today to ask the Member States for their agreement on a mandate to open negotiations on an investment agreement with China. This is the first ever proposal for a stand-alone investment agreement since foreign direct investment became the...
- Antitrust: Commission renders legally binding commitments from Star alliance members Air Canada, United and Lufthansa on transatlantic air transport passenger market European Commission Press release Brussels, 23 May 2013 The European Commission has accepted commitments offered by Air Canada, United and Lufthansa to address the Commission's concerns that the parties' cooperation under a revenue-sharing joint venture may be in breach of EU antitrust rules and harm premium passengers on the Frankfurt-New...
- Commission proposes New European Industrial Strategy for Electronics ? better targeted support to mobilise ?100 billion in new private investments European Press release Brussels, 23 May 2013 Commission The European Commission today launches a campaign for coordinated public investments in micro- and nano-electronics (such as semiconductors and computer chips), designed to expand Europe's advanced manufacturing base.
- Commission moves to strengthen EIB lending outside the EU over the next seven years European Press release Brussels, 23 May 2013 Commission The European Commission has today adopted a proposal on financing operations in support of investment projects outside the EU by the European Investment Bank (EIB), on the basis of an EU budgetary guarantee.
- EU commits to ensuring basic education for every child by 2030 European Commission Press release Brussels, 23 May 2013 The European Commission will confirm today its commitment to making education more equal and of a higher quality in the Development agenda beyond 2015 through continued financial support, during a High level event in Brussels.